Latest message you have seen: RE: xPLRioNet - Test Volunteers

Rio suddenly can't find server

  • Subject: Rio suddenly can't find server
  • From: "william_fredette" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:52:09 -0000

Hi, all. My Rio was working fine on Sunday with the latest release
of xPLRioNet. However, today when I turned it on, it just sat on the
Rio "searching for server" screen for about 30 seconds and then
displayed a default (169.254...) IP address. Nothing changed on the
computer between the weekend and now - and just to be sure I went
back to a restore point from Saturday.

The service is running. One thing that I noticed is that dhcp.xml
shows nothing where the server IP address, etc. should be. That is,
instead of "192.168.08", I just see "". If I enter the
info
manually, as soon as I turn on the Rio and it fails to find the
server, the dhcp.xml file is reset to "".

Short of a bad cable, which is unlikely, is there anything else I
should be looking for?

Thanks,

Bill