RE: Re: xPLRioNet - The Vote - THE RESULT - Sort of...

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet - The Vote - THE RESULT - Sort of...
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:06:17 -0000

Hi all,

With 2 more votes cast, the vote closes with a tie of 7.5 votes for each
option...

Therefore the winner is .... Drum roll .... Neither!

I currently have a hacked about xplrionet playing one of my own problem
mp3's thru riot (the trio client) with no skipping...

So, my decision is that:

1) 'A' wins if we drop the existing client and use riot

2) 'B' wins if we decide not to use riot

How to decide?

Well riot has the advantage of playing the problem files, but as we don't
have the source code for riot 0.1.6 we would have to work within the
existing confines. i.e. TTS may be delayed slightly, and we can't add
client
side functions (e.g. bass/treble, assuming this can be done anyway) etc.
Initially though there will be no synch, while I work out how it works.

Writing a new client will take a long time, though the riot stuff will take
some time too (but a lot less), but we will have the source code to try and
make the requested mods and ensure quick tts response etc

So can people please vote again stating A, B or C as follows:

A) Action rio with riot client then do other stuff

B) Action other stuff, and come back to a new rio client at a later date

C) Action other stuff, and implement riot/new client later (this is for the
original 'B' voters)

And fingers crossed we don't get 5 votes for each ;-)

Thanks
Tony