RE: Re: xPLRioNet - The Vote

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet - The Vote
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:01:31 -0000

> However, to turn the question round - is there anything
> specifically that _we_ can do to help you in this development?

Hi all,

Haven't counted the votes yet, just on my way to a clients.

But it's looking roughly 50-50 at the moment.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that I'm toying with the idea of saving
development time by amending xplrionet to work with the riot client (the
rio
client of tRio). In theory it works along the same lines, with the server
handling all the processing side.

However, the author hasn't released any source code (that I can find) since
0.1.2, and I really need to get my hands on 0.1.6 to see if it _will_ be
compatible enough (as it plays my problem mp3's fine). If anyone has the
source, or can get it, it would be a great help in making the decision and
getting everything working. Reverse engineering with ethereal could take as
long as just writing a new version, from my experiences yesterday.

Many thanks
Tony