riocast and rio

  • Subject: riocast and rio
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:09:12 -0000

Hi all,

Have been looking at the crackling issue with riocast and found a few odd
things.

A) the crackling only effects the rio (i.e. not mvp, exstreamer, slimp3,
winamp client)

B) the crackling is only on the "right" stereo channel

C) when I use oddcast dsp instead of shoutcast dsp, the rio doesn't
crackle!

This must be an encoding on the dsp and decoding on the rio side issue.

As the rio client side has to be the suspect item, am putting this issue on
hold until I do some other work on the client side.

Anyone wishing to shoutcast to the rio from xplrionet (not talking about
internet streams here, just local shoutcast/dsp) should either use the
oddcast dsp or use the official shoutcast server instead of riocast for the
rio's.

Regards
Tony