Re: Setup Help

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > Can somebody please help me I have exhausted every option I can
> > think of and I can't even get xpl to install properly.
>
> Firstly, if you don't even see xPLHal itself listed under xPL
Devices/Awaiting configuration, there is something preventing basic
xPL communication, so there's no point looking into the Homevision
app or in fact any other xPL app until you've sorted the initial
problem.

> A couple of questions about your set-up:
> Do you have a network card?
> How do you connect to the Internet (dial-up, ADSL, cable etc.)
> Do you have a firewall (e.g. the built-in one in XP).
>
> If you do have the XP firewall enabled, someone else should be
along with instructions on how to make it work with xPL - I don't
have XP myself, so can't advise on what's needed to configure the
firewall accordingly.

> Regards,
>
> John

I have two network cards (one for the broadband cable and one for my
home network.
The firewall I use is Nortons. Even when it is disabled it still
doesn't add anything to xPL Devices/Awaiting configuration