Re: Converting meteor phone number to name using DB

That was the code from John B. Mine had different SERVER, UID, PWD and
DATABASE values.
The actual line I'm using is:

Con.Open "DRIVER=mySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver;UID=paul;PWD=xxxx;SERVER=spot;DATABASE=fieldside;OPTION=2;"'

I am assuming that UID, PWD and SERVER are good because entering the wrong
password
produces an error of "([MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for
user:
'paul@xxxxxxx' (Using password: YES))"

whereas with the correct password I just get "(Catastrophic
failure)"

I'm running mysql 4.0.22 on a linux box and can access the DB from the
machine running
XPLHal using other tools.

I found some docs on the net suggesting that setting OPTION=4 (or 6,
combining the 2 & 4)
would produce a mysql error log in C:\ - but it didn't.

Any ideas?