xPLComfort install trouble

  • Subject: xPLComfort install trouble
  • From: "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 03:35:04 -0000

I'm a newbie to xPL - started today and got xPLHal and a meteor to talk and
display caller
ID on my slimp3s. Yay!

Next I want to display things when comfort events happen, but the
installation doesn't
want to work.

I installed xPLComfort and told it I'd configure it remotely. In xPLHal I
clicked on
'awaiting configuration' and comfort was there. When I tried to access it,
I just got the
'no vendor information' message.

So I uninstalled xPLComfort, reinstalled it, and this time told it to
configure now - and
that I had an ethernet device. (I actually use an MSS100 - works great for
comfigurator) I
told it where the thing was, although it didn't ask for the port number, so
it will
probably have that wrong.

Anyway, the comfort service wouldn't start (or rather, it stopped straight
away - possibly
because of the port number problem?) and comfort no longer appears within
xPLHal.
Uninstalling and reinstalling to select remote config doesn't make it
appear in xPLHal
again.

The only relevent info in the archive I could find was to delete comfort
files from xPLHal
configs directory and winnt/system32 - but there's are no such files.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Paul