RE: [OT] Programming Language

Wow - that's a toughie.

VB always had the "easiest programming language to learn" tag,
but that was
VB6, which is now old and retired - VB.Net is not as easy to get into (but
still a lot easier than, say, C++ )

I haven't used Perl and Python - I tried playing with Python at one point,
and it seemed quite easy to get to grips with: I seem to remember though
that the actual formatting of the text is significant (indents and so on) -
and that can be a bitch of a thing to debug.

I'm angling towards C# myself - it's portable between Windows and Linux,
and
seems to be pretty much Microsoft's "golden child" in terms of
the exposure
the different languages get.

Cost isn't the factor it once was, as you can download microsoft's
development environments for VB.Net and C# free of charge (although the
freebie versions are restricted and can't make (for instance) a windows
service.

I'm really not sure Frank - it's not an easy question to answer. For my
money, if you have started have a wee play with python and that's enjoyable
(because, of course, programming should be fun!) then stick with it :)

Ian.