RE: Vendor ID and a question

  • Subject: RE: Vendor ID and a question
  • From: "Eric Vickery" <ericvic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:45:31 -0600

Gerry,

Thanks for the good info. I plan on using your Java framework but I
haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.

For your UPB implementation how does an xPL GUI determine what UPB
devices are out there not just the presence of your xPL2UPB bridge?

On a bit of a different question. I'm going to take a look at xPLHAL but
I have a few reservations. I don't care that it is Windows only because
even though I prefer to code in Java I run Windows. The problem I have
is that it doesn't seem to be open source and I like to have the source
for anything I'm going to put into my home automation project this time.
I have used other commercial home automation applications but have
finally decided to create my own because there was always something that
I wanted to do differently in each one I tried.

Eric