From: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mark Hindess
Sent: 07 December 2005 19:16
To: xPL List
Subject: [ukha_xpl] xPL Perl

I've finally got around to releasing some code.  It's a very early release
and the API will probably change a little over the next few weeks.  The
bits
I'm currently running are:

* xpl-bridge - bridging several sub-nets
* xpl-hub - though I might do without this later
* xpl-sender - to send ups.basic messages from my APC UPS (using apcupsd)
* xpl-x10 - using a CM11 X10 controller
* xpl-xosd - using the X On-Screen Display library

See:

http://www.xpl-perl.org.uk/

Downloads:

http://www.xpl-perl.org.uk/attachment/wiki/DownloadPage/xPL-Perl-0.01.tar.gz
http://www.xpl-perl.org.uk/attachment/wiki/DownloadPage/xpl-perl-0.01.pdf

Or use 'subversion' to get either the release or trunk with:

svn co http://www.xpl-perl.org.uk/svn/xpl-perl/branches/r0.01
xpl-perl
svn co http://www.xpl-perl.org.uk/svn/xpl-perl/trunk
xpl-perl

My todo list currently includes porting some more of my existing
applications (which use Jabber for messaging) to use xPL including
interfaces for:

* a VIOM
* a 1-wire network (on top of http://owfs.sourceforge.net/)
* caller id from a USR modem
* a milford DMX transmitter

After that I'll be releasing my simple rule-based engine (for timers,
triggers, scenes, etc) along with a web interface and Jabber instant
messaging interface.

My first priority is improving the socket setup parameters to support using
to a named interface (rather than having to specify IP addresses).

Feedback of any kind would be very, very welcome.

Enjoy!
-Mark