Re: k8000 xPL interface Progress and some questions

Howdy,

> Some questions though:
>
> (1)(a) If a digital input is triggered I send the following
> sensor.basic schema message:

Looks good to me!

> (1)(b) If I received the control.basic message that would look like
this:

Again, looks pretty good.

Though one suggestion I might make on the device= line.  Could it be
simplified a bit?  FOr example, drop the K8000_ as it's somewhat implicit
in
the target= (or for status/triggers, target=) and drop the D prefix.
Leaving it a simple number (i.e. device=1) will let lower-powered/embedded
devices be able to parse it easier.

If you want to make a distinction between analog/digital/etc, you could
encode it as part of the type= (like type=doutput, type=ainput or
type=digital_output, type=analog_input, etc, though shorter names are
easier
to parse) keeping the device part pretty simple.  It's just a thought --
there is nothing at all wrong with the current way you have it specified.

> (2) I read in the schema documentation that a status message can be
> either sent on regular intervals or when requested by another node on
> the network. What sort of message would another node send to get the
> status of this device ?

you'd generally send a request like

sensor.request
device=<device you want info on>
type=<qualifying type>
current=request

(though I may be off on the last current=request part)

> (3) Are there any other incoming messages that I should handle?

I think you're pretty covered (assuming configuration gets resolved in the
framework -- working on that tomorrow).

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey