Squeezebox 2, xPL and IRblasting

  • Subject: Squeezebox 2, xPL and IRblasting
  • From: John Gorst <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:18:35 +0100

Of note to the squeezebox (only version 2) owners there has been a
recent firmware version to allow sending of IR commands from a IR
emitter connected to the headphone port.

We already have IR recieving-->xPL gateway.

It would be fantastic to have xPL-->IR sending built in to slimserver.

It looks as if the code is in its infancy at present but would be a good
project for anyone with spare time (ha!), a squeezebox2 and the
necessary skills. I do not have musch of the first or either of the
second or third!