Re: SlimP3 - XPL = Homeseer 2

  • Subject: Re: SlimP3 - XPL = Homeseer 2
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:00:14 -0000

not elegant, but remove 1 line at a time from your xpl script until
the error goes away.  this will help narrow down what's causing the
problem.  or start with an empty sub and add the lines back one by one.

one thing i noticed in your script is you'll probably want to put this:

Set hs = CreateObject("HomeSeer.Application")

inside the if statement or put this:

Set hs = Nothing

after the end if statement. because in the event the keypress isn't
what you want, you'll never set hs = Nothing.  i assume that means it
won't release the memory allocated to hs.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "JohnQuirk" <johnquirk@y...>

wrote:
> > Tremendous stuff Tom. I've changed Homeseer to run as a service
as
> > local system, changed XPL HAL to run as a service as local system
> > too. I also changed the configuration rights (probably not
required)
> > within DCOM config. Somehow it now works.
> >
> > Thanks very much indeed.
> >
> > John
> > --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen
> <tomvdp@g...>
> > wrote:
> > > Maybe the user running the xplhal service (localsystem ?)
doesn't
> > have the
> > > permission to launch the dcom server
"HomeSeer.Application" ?
> > > Goto "Start/Run...", type "dcomcnfg". In
the management console,
> > navigate to
> > > My Computer/DCOM Config. Locate the HomeSeer Class. Check
the
> > properties,
> > > especially under Security the Launch and Access Permissions.
If
> > these are
> > > set to Use Default, then click look at the properties of My
> > Computer in the
> > > treeview of the management console (i.e. not the My Computer
on
> > the
> > > desktop).
> > >  But first examine the eventlog. If it is related to what I
> > describe here
> > > you should find entries there.
> > >  Hth,
> > > Tom