RE: xPLMediaNet - Expansion of xPL

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet - Expansion of xPL
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:49:10 +0100

> I may have misunderstood though -- I thought you meant=20
> simulating keypress on the PC's keyboard (to send events to=20
> various programs).  If you're talking about emulating I/R=20
> remotes or similar things, I'm off in the weeds :-)

In the weeds I'm afraid!

This idea is just to be able to emulate key presses from remotes, both as
text and ir code (or a mix).=20

Other than simulating a remote it probably wouldn't have any use. One area
it could help is with devices such as exstreamer that don't come with a
remote as standard. It would be possible to use another remote and control
the exstreamer (though you could also control it from an mvp directly etc).

Your suggestion though would make a useful schema for lots of things I'd
have thought.

Regards
Tony