xPLMediaNet - Change of Testing Plan

  • Subject: xPLMediaNet - Change of Testing Plan
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:18:01 +0100

Hi all,

Nearly have a version of xPLMediaNet ready for testing, but rather than the
planned EXE version it will be a proper service version with installer
(those who test can install it alongside xplrionet quite happily, just need
to make sure xplrionet is stopped for the duration of the test).

As far as I can tell it has (at a minimum) all the functions of xplrionet
other than TTS (which is half complete) though xPLMediaNet is currently for
Rio only.

Am torn between finishing the TTS (which is quite difficult to implement on
the Rio now I'm using Riot properly) or just releasing a test (just need to
try a fresh install on my live server to ensure I haven't missed anything
out of the installer).

Once released the ExStreamer and SliMP3 clients should follow in a week or
two. The MVP will take a bit longer as it needs additional source and
support modules created.

Regards
Tony