RE: xPL-DMX_Project

Hi Frank,

>             Recently purchased the Milfords Dmx controller
> and also the Dmx relay board ....Didnt really have an
> application for it ,although read quite a bit about Dmx led
> dimming ....When Dmx is mentioned most people think of
> lighting control.....Well im going to use it to control my irrigation
> system.....;-)
>
> Im a little wary that its not  going to be reliable for if it
> isnt im going to cop a lot of flak from the wife who really
> loves to give my HA stuff a real verbal bashing.....and the
> garden is her Domain ..
>
> My main concern is that i get a power glitch/failure  all the
> mss100 devices drop out and i have to close and restart each
> app.....

It should be possible for the xPL DMX app to talk directly to the MSS100
- i.e. bypassing the virtual COM port software, so it would be able to
handle a temporary loss of connectivity to the MSS100.
xPL Comfort and xPL C-Gate already work like this - if they lose
connection to their respective host systems, they will keep re-trying
until the system comes back.

I don't currently have access to an MSS100 to play with, but I'd be
happy to get hold of one so I could see about adding support to talk
directly to the DMX board if this would be useful.

Regards,

John