RE: xPLMediaNet Web Interface Issue

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet Web Interface Issue
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:18:17 +0100

> So I'm going to build the generic web into the client/source
> modules, and that still leaves the door wide open for other
> web servers using hooks etc

Change of plan - AGAIN.

For devices the web interface will implement a standard set of commands
only. So no need for web server specific stuff in the client modules

The web interface will interact with the source modules as if it's just
another device, so no need for web server specific stuff in source modules
either

The crunch is that the information needed across web pages is too much for
the url (as per xplrionet) to carry, so will need to store a session cookie
of some kind.

If I can find a way to quickly save/load an array (of user defined
structure) in .net then this will be the way forward

Only fly in the ointment is how to tidy up the session cookies when theyre
finished with (since the web interface won't know when theyre finished
with)?

Regards
Tony