RE: xPLMediaNet Devices Controlling Devices - important please

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet Devices Controlling Devices - important please
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 06:27:25 +0100

Hi Neil,

> I think locking is the best idea.

It's neater, and may be with a 'press menu to release' message on the
screen?

> With the display, how would a display device control and
> device without display??
>
> E.g. an MVP controlling an Exstreamer???

Every device has a display, in the case of the exstreamer this is a pseudo
display.

The reason every device has a display is that the menu's can also be
displayed on xpl osd devices (like tivo)

If I can think of a way to easily generate 2 displays of different sizes, I
will. But I want to avoid having to add too much code.

Another issue is that page up/down have different effects depending on
screen size. But I guess these could be made to match the master and have
the slave just move the same number of items.

Regards
Tony