Re: Using Multiple Conditions in Determinators

Hi Frank,

> I then created another determinator which would send ir  to a
particular
> zone on two conditions
> 1: sees a particular ir signal reported by xpl-usb uirt and
> 2: sees a xpl-firm status message stating receive zone is zone
4........

> The first determinator runs ok as i can see the request in the monitor
and
> xpl-FirM replies but the
> second determinator doesnt run ???
> Does it have to see both conditions at exactly the same time ?? as
there
> would be a small delay
> between when each are true ???

Yes, both messages would have to appear at exactly the same time, which is
never going to happen, so your determinator will never fire.

The issue here is that you need to respond to a specific sequence of
messages, rather than a single message, which is not something we've looked
at a great deal in the determinator architecture.

One way around this is to store the details of the last infra red signal
that was received in a global variable.

Now, just have your second determinator look for the status message
reporting the received zone, then look at the value of the global to
determine which infra-red code was actually received.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

John