Receive message when I send a require status fom squeedebox

  • Subject: Receive message when I send a require status fom squeedebox
  • From: "lauro_sunny39" <lauro_sunny39@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:00:50 -0000

Hi,

I've been working with squeezebox, Im using XPLHAL, and I Can Send
Commands and the device execute them , And I've Initialized a
listener with the next code...

Protected Sub InitListener()
Dim portnum As Int32
If listening Then
Else
sockIncoming = New Socket
(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, Net.Sockets.SocketType.Dgram,
ProtocolType.Udp)

Try
sockIncoming.Bind(New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any,
XPL_BASE_PORT))
Catch ex As Exception
portnum = 50000
While portnum < 50512 And Not portnum = 0
Try
sockIncoming.Bind(New IPEndPoint
(IPAddress.Any, portnum))
PortNumber = portnum
LogError("Listening On Port: " & portnum)
portnum = 0
Catch ex2 As Exception
portnum += 1
Debug.WriteLine(portnum)
End Try
End While
End Try
Try
epincoming = New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 0)
sockIncoming.BeginReceiveFrom(XPL_Buff, 0,
MAX_XPL_MSG_SIZE, SocketFlags.None, epincoming, AddressOf
Me.ReceiveData, Nothing)
SendHeartbeatMessage()
listening = True
Catch ex As Exception
'     MsgBox("Error " & Ex.Message)
LogError("GRAVE ERROR... No listening")
End Try
End If
End Sub

but the problem is that I don't receive any response about the
status... I ve got disable the Firewall from Service PAck II, my
Instance's name is XPL2-XPLHAL.machinename, for the them command
status I use the XPLHAL,...

any Idea?