Re: Cannot connect to server

  • Subject: Re: Cannot connect to server
  • From: "jemmi_catherine" <jemmi_cate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:44:20 -0000

The IP is set correctly and the windows firewall is completely
turned off... so that eliminates both of those... any other ideas?

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > The first thing to check is that in xplrionet.xml (and dhcp.xml
if used) ip=
> > is set to the ip of the pc it is running on
> >
> > Another possibility is that one or more ports that the software
uses is in
> > use by another application.
>
> Would the installation of XP SP2 not also cause some problems?
> Does xPLRioNet need enabling in the firewall?
>
> I don't have XP SP2 here, so can't confirm this, but I'm sure
other users on here have had to make changes to the firewall to
allow xPL apps to work correctly after installing SP2.