From: John B [mailto:home-automation@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 September 2004 17:39
To: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] XPLRIONet v3.8b

Hi Steve,

> I thought I would try out XPLRIONet and downloaded but when I tried to
> install it says another version of the software is already installed.
Given
> this is the first time I have installed xPLRioNet any ideas which
software
> it is refering to? Steve

Not sure what's going on there - every Windows installer package (.MSI
file) is allocated a unique product code, so there should never be
confusion
as to whether a product is installed or not.

You *could* try a manual installation, as follows (I'm sure Tony will
correct me if I've missed anything out):

1. Create a directory at C:\Program Files\xPL\xPLRioNet
(you could actually create this directory anywhere you like, but the above
path is the default)
2. Copy all the files from the downloaded installer package to the above
directory.
3. Open up a command prompt.
4. Change to the directory in step 1 (i.e. C:\Program Files\xPL\xPLRioNet)
5. Type the following:

%windir%\Microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\installutil xplrionet.exe

You should receive some text, the very last line of which should be:
"The transacted install has completed."

xPLRioNet is now installed, and should appear in the list of services in
control panel.

(I've just tried the above procedure here, and it seems to have worked OK)

HTH,

John

xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk