Re: xPLRioNet Random Play

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Random Play
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:57:24 +0100

Sounds right to me - playing just the unplayed tracks (which is easy to do
with the sorted array I mentioned) after turning random mode off means you
still hear them all once before repeating anything.

I would also suggest that turning random back on should mean it will still
only choose from the unplayed list until they have all been played once.

So in the algorithm I suggested yesterday, when choosing the next track:

If num unplayed is zero and repeat mode is NONE, just stop

If num unplayed is zero and repeat mode is ALL, reset NumUnplayed to the
number of tracks and carry on.

If Repeat = ONE: Skip Back one track

else if Random OFF: Play track[0]

else Random is ON: Play track[random number between 0 and NumUnplayed-1]

Mal