Re: Communicatiing with xplHal

> Well I made those changes - it certainly makes the code a lot simpler
> just waiting on recv() instead of having to mess around listening for
> and accepting and managing the connections.

Yep - one of the advantages of using UDP.

> Unfortunately I still don't receive anything back from the hub.  The
> xplMonitor confirms that the hub has sent  it, and the port number and
> ip address are the same as the ones I gave it in the config.app.  I
must
> be missing some setting or other in my receiving socket - but I have
no
> idea what.  This could take a while... :-(

Does the hub recognise your app when it starts up and sends it's first
config.app message?
Not sure which hub you're using - if you're using the one built into
xPLHal, or the VB.NET hub, then look in your Application event log - it
will log a message each time it detects a new application.

Also, if you want to post the portion of your code relating to
creating/binding your receiving socket, then we can take a look.
Alternatively, if you want to mail me the entire code offlist I'd be happy
to take a look.

Regards,

John

P.S. Posted this last night, but it hasn't shown up yet here, so am
re-posting it now.