Re: Re: xPL HUB

Hi Mark,

> I'm having the same problem.
> The xml doc is set to Y but no devices are shown.
>
> I'm not even sure i'm looking in the right place to be honest.

Replied offlist - I think this may be due to you not having a NIC in your
PC.

> develop .Net programs for system administration, and have an X10
> system at home controlling my lights etc. It seems logical to expand
> on that so what i wanted to do is tie in a motion detection system
> using web cams to control lighting intelligently (using sections of
> the images to determine direction of movement etc etc). This in turn
> can be used to predict what light to turn on and off next etc etc. It
> also allows me to have things like music follow you around the house.
>
> Anyway, would the XPLHal and XPL CM12 service allow me to
> interoperate with it from another .Net app? and if so where can i
> look for info, and has anyone got any more ideas on how to get the
> manager to see devices!

Have a look at the xPL library for .NET - see:
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/info/xpllib/

To send a message from within VB.NET (or C# etc.), download the xpllib
binary from the above page, then add a reference to xpllib.dll.

The following sub routine will send a message to control a C-Bus light with
group address 2.
You can easily modify the message to control an X10 device - just take a
look at the x10.basic schema on www.xplproject.org.uk.

Private Sub xPLTest()
Dim str As String
' Create the message header
str = "xpl-cmnd" & vbLf & "{" & vbLf &
"hop=1" & vbLf & "source=3Djohnb-sender.test"
& vbLf & "target=*" & vbLf & "}" &
vbLf

' Construct message body
str &= "control.cbus" & vbLf & "{" &