xPL C++ Lib released

  • Subject: xPL C++ Lib released
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:47:39 -0000

For anyone interested in developing xPL applications in C++ instead
of Visual Basic, I've released a set of classes that hopefully will
make life a little easier.

The code forms the basis of all the xPL stuff I'm working on, and
provides the core messaging and configuration functionality, as well
as hiding all the windows service gubbins.

I've tested it on Windows 2000 and WinCE 3.0, and I've compiled it
successfully using Visual C++ .NET, Visual C++ 6.0 and eMbedded
Visual C++ 3.0.

It relies on STL, so if you're targetting PocketPC, you'll also need
the STL for Pocket PC, also available from my site.

All the files can be found at
http://www.lansell.org/mal/ha/ha_downloads.shtml

One other note, in the unlikely event that anyone has already
bookmarked or linked to my site, please be aware that I got fed up
with the case-sensitive nature of the server, and have removed all
the capitalisation from the URLs - it will save me some sanity in the
long run :-)

The new entry point for my Home Automation pages is
http://www.lansell.org/mal/ha/ha.shtml

Mal