RE: Re: xPLRioNet beta v3.8h released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet beta v3.8h released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:27:23 +0100

Hi Guys,

> I've tried out the new version.  The 2Gb bug is fixed - all
> my movies play now.  I don't have anything over 3.5Gb, so I
> don't know what happens with 4Gb+ files.

Thanks for that, hopefully someone with 4gb+ files can check too. If 4gb+
fails can someone please capture a movie starting with ethereal, and I can
check the packets sent to the mvp. Thanks.

> On the movie screens, I don't see anything apart from a pink
> frame around what I presume would be a thumbnail image of
> some sort.  I can switch to text mode OK, but I wondered what
> I should be seeing in the thumbnail view - do I need to
> create a default image file (this is the same behaviour as in
> previous versions - I just forgot to mention
> it)

This is strange, I have 600+ mpg clips and all render perfectly. Is
everyone
on the latest .net framework? Has anyone with problems in this area got
wmp10 installed (rather than wmp9)?

> I thought I'd also chip in and second the idea of individual
> cover art thumbnails named the same as the movie, and
> generated independently of xplRioNet - that would be most useful.

This is on the to do list, but to get around the rendering issue some users
have I'll implement it today as part of beta v3.8i.

> BTW, I still have the pink text - it's almost as lovely as my
> orange website ;-)

I rechecked my TFT tv and although it has a pink tinge on a lot of stuff I
noticed the xplrionet logo on the main page is actually white.

If anyone has any thoughts as to the cause, or can spend time changing the
rgb font colours in xplrionet.xml to see if they can work out the cause,
I'd
appreciate it.

I'm going to try swapping around the mvp's I have to see if the problem
stays with the tv, or moves with the mvp.

Many thanks
Tony