Re: DMX Controller

I'd agree, whilst I could probably hack a PIC solution together for
less there needs to be some off the shelf availability. And then
there's always the little matter of time..or lack of. That said, if
anyone wants to put together the www.oksid.ch design I'll burn the
PIC - it has Linux and Win code drivers available.

The DPX12/4 is indeed NJD. Hence why I feel it is up to 24x7 domestic
use - it also has some nice features. Although I haven't bought from
them, take a look at http://www.tega.co.uk/shop.asp?mfg=NJD.
With 12
channels you are unlikely to be loading it to 4A per channel. I'm
probably going to end up with 2 of them in different nodes.

I guess a few years back the prospect of driving at the DMX line
speed was beyond the scope of most non dedicated systems.

Lehane

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Have a look at the kit at Milfords.....link below ..the serial to
dmx board
> is 65 quid the relay board is 59 quid and theres also a pwm board
which is
> suitable for led rgb lighting ;-))
>
> http://www.milinst.com/index.htm
>
> HTH