Re: DMX Controller

  • Subject: Re: DMX Controller
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:46:25 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "g8kmh" <lehane@m...> wrote:

> There is also an off the shelf 12 channel unit, the DPX12/4 which
is=20
> about GBP230. This accepts wires rather than having sockets for the=20
> AC so is ideal for node 0 or node 1 installation. Max load is 43A=20
> which should be plenty.
>
> Lehane

Are you talking about the NJD product?=20

If so, then their gear is rather good. The first ever HA install I did
(back in 1997) was with one of the NJD MIDI lighting controllers.
Custom code written to CGI-out from a webserver running on CERN httpd,
to play a single-even .MID file from an early soundblaster card with
the MIDI lead.

I'd not realised that PC-based DMX controller cards had come down so
much in price. Last time I looked (3-4 years ago) they were still up
around the =A32-300 mark.

I'd be terribly interested if (someone else) wrote a DMX application
for xPL.

Regards,

Mark