Asterisk Voicemail schema

  • Subject: Asterisk Voicemail schema
  • From: "Andrew" <andrew_nh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:19:39 -0000

I have started working on an application to send information about
voicemail messages left on an Asterisk PBX. This is the first xPL app
I have written and I wanted to see what everybody thinks of this schema.

Does this give enough information about the messages? Asterisk will
send out a trig each time a message is left. I think it should also
send out info on existing messages because if messages are deleted
then the messages can be renumbered by Asterisk. Also a listening
agent will not have to remember info from past triggers to display
info on all messages.

I wanted the xPL listening agents to be able to play the messages so I
am proposing an http method for transferring the messages from
Asterisk to the xPL agents.

Any comments?

-Andrew

Schema Definition
-----------------

Class = asterisk
Type  = vminfo

This Schema provides information about Voicemail left on an Asterisk PBX

XPL-TRIG Structure
------------------
asterisk.vminfo
{
mbox=<mail box number>
MsgCount=<number of messages in the mailbox>
MsgURL=<URL of audio message>
[MsgNum1=<message number>]
[Phone1=<phone number of caller>]
[CLN1=<CallingLineName of caller>]
[Dur1=<length of message in seconds>]
[Date1=<date and time message was left>]
[Chanel1=<Asterisk chanel caller called in on>]
[MsgNum<x>=]
[Phone<x>=]
[CLN<x>=]
[Dur<x>=]
[Date<x>=]
[Chanel<x>=]

Schema Specific Notes
MsgURL is the way a remote application can get the message. An example
would be

MsgURL=http://<asterisk
ip>/cgi-bin/getvm.cgi?mailbox=<mailbox>&msgid=