Re: tvosd

As the one and only UK resident with one of these in operation I would just
like to add my endorsement and recommend people ask for one.

If you are looking for osd messages on your tv this is what you need. It
has the advantage over the tivoosd in that if you have all your inputs
going into one scart socket (I have a manual video switcher ~ £30 from
maplin) you get overlay on all your sources DVD, Video, tivo etc.

It might be worth asking on the main list as well Frank.

S.

"Frank Mc

Alinden" To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=4cn03OPGb0sRcy5uCmGzqy7gsI2VoeSyJ-ET_Ff7fYHNbcvX_mCUzM4F8WBsfPwdBj_CXv3sg9fX1HHqHH4">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>

<fmcalind@bigpo cc:

nd.net.au> Subject: [ukha_xpl] tvosd

21/05/2004

09:16

Please respond

to ukha_xpl

Hi All
Not sure if any of you seen my tvosd at the UKHA2004 ...but i was
thinking if there was enough interest i would try and source the STV5730A
Osd chip and get a proper pcb done for it as in its consists of a pcb and
some veroboard....Just had a quick browse and appears to be a Company which
has loads of them @ $6.00 US each which is pretty good....The idea would be
to provide a basic kit for those whose want to build there own (although
the
stv is surafce mount) BTW this chip is now obsolete ....If interested let
me know...the idea is to make this as cheap as possible....
Thanks
Frank

xPL Links: <a href="http://www.xplproject.org.uk";>http://www.xplproject.org.uk</a>
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=4cn03OPGb0sRcy5uCmGzqy7gsI2VoeSyJ-ET_Ff7fYHNbcvX_mCUzM4F8WBsfPwdBj_CXv3sg9fX1HHqHH4">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>