Re: ukha2004

  • Subject: Re: ukha2004
  • From: steve.cooper@xxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:37:00 +0000

> His preparation, presentation and organisation are second to none!
Brilliant
> Steve, many thanks.

Very kind of you Tony. When I can think of a practical application for
linking a barcode reader to my lights I'll let you know.

For those that missed the event, on the Saturday I was demonstrating a
1-wire iButton being used to open a solenoid door catch, display a message
and capture an image (I'll put some of the images we captured up at some
point) all very practical. On the Sunday however while showing how easy it
was to make up a determinator and how flexible the xPL messaging was we
were barcoding herbs to switch on a light and a camera film to switch them
off.

> PICS...PICS...PICS.... ;-))

Two new folders one showing ukha and another showing screens shots of the
xPLWeb page.

> Hopefully we will see some xPL on the video.......

Paul certainly captured some footage, Ian and Tony deemed me to be the best
looking and volunteered me. As ever flattery got them everywhere and I
agreed.

S.

"Frank Mc

Alinden" To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=dnJcsfMCgnFp9iexZq_ckZVUyddQ2dXPqV3jo0cUGKGmsFqZOrcj2XUs9vNBaQ9fuyQNNbep598XfqWfpXw_BgM">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>

<fmcalind@bigpo cc:

nd.net.au> Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] ukha2004

18/05/2004

08:50

Please respond

to ukha_xpl

> His preperation, presentation and organisation are second to none!
Brilliant
> Steve, many thanks.

PICS...PICS...PICS.... ;-))

> Support for Comfort and C-Bus and Homevision

Two out of three IM Happy ;-))

> xPL to be embedded in the Barix Barionet I/O device firmware (and
other
> Barix products to be xpl enabled too!)

Nice.........Did you see the Barionet in action ???

> Idratek products now include xPL

It this via a plugin ???

> A big thanks to everyone who visited the xPL stand, the interest and
ideas
> put forward were outstanding.

Hopefully we will see some xPL on the video.......

Frank

> I'd like to add to the comments Ian made on the main ukha list
regarding
the
> king of presentation Steve Cooper.
>
> His preperation, presentation and organisation are second to none!
Brilliant
> Steve, many thanks.
>
> A summary of the kinds of announcements at ukha2004 (many already
posted
> the list by John Bent to keep everyone who couldn't be there informed
of
> what's going on) are:
>
> Support for Comfort and C-Bus and Homevision
>
> xPL to be embedded in the Barix Barionet I/O device firmware (and
other
> Barix products to be xpl enabled too!)
>
> Idratek products now include xPL
>
> KAT5 switcher to include xPL control
>
> Phillips looking at xPL with regards to including it in the iPronto
etc

> Ian B's really cool menu/control device to include xPL
>
> A VIOM connector
>
> I'm sure i've missed some things off that list!
>
> A big thanks to everyone who visited the xPL stand, the interest and
ideas
> put forward were outstanding.
>
> Also a big thanks to the organisers.
>
> Here's to next year's meet, and to all the exciting stuff that xPL
will
do

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=njSIi9hNP1LYM6odfRLAg7Mo0JTizHrHbtthdgMt9i-qByHjuG_vFEFSdkFG5xMxTDKBPxTzH5uStGaZD7XhKTzaOrUzyECZpc4">ukha_xpl-subscribe@xxxxxxx</a>
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=5jjnI9CP26rDxLRbbb4CaU7AOIWKCZCHMLpXDOEWsx7uHs10_hoa7aTPKIF_o1CnVWmSocXm0ebkRzWZEI-LtiXNx5_otUDedqeRrowZsw">ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>