Idratek

  • Subject: Idratek
  • From: lysanderroad
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:00:00 +0000

Hi guys,

Just to say thanks to the guys on the xPL stand for their support at
UKHA 2004 and the encouragement for our efforts to implement xPL
support. Special thanks go to Ian Lowe for his help prior to the
UKHA 2004 event. Although not an official release, our PC software
application Cortex can now export onto an Ethernet network our
modules as if they are native xPL devices and you can choose which
to xPL enable. The schema's we have implemented are

Temperature,
Light level,
PIR,
Buttons,
Infrared Receiver,
Infrared Transmitter,

Our Relay functions (in various modules) as
Lights
Boiler,
Zone Valves

Our switch input sensors as
Doors,
PIR's

Our Logic functions of
House Presence
Floor Presence
Room Presence

Additionally
TTS is supported to our intercoms.
Clock as DateTime.

So you can currently see and control these devices in the xPL
environment. Cortex can also import xPL Temperature and Light Level
devices and treat them as native Cortex objects with the inherent
advantage of history graphs, our graphical plan view display and
linking to our other functions.

We do not currently have significant support to control external (to
us) xPL devices other than simple commands. However we are able to
generate an xPLHal plug-in XML with the devices a user currently has
on our network.

This effort was to `test the water' as it were and support for more
of our network objects will obviously depend on the response we get.

Regards

Vivian Watts (Idratek.com)