Re: setting global variable in xplhal

  • Subject: Re: setting global variable in xplhal
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:35:00 +0000

> so i assume i need to use johnb-sender to send an xpl status or
> trigger message? now would i just create a johnb_sender_mymachine.xpl
> script in xplhal to process this type of message & use
> sys.value("xyz") = 1?

Yes, I guess so. You could technically use any type of xPL message you
wanted -
as long as you had a script there to process it and call sys.value to set
the
global.

Maybe we should add support for xPLHal to respond to targetted
control.basic
messages, e.g.

To set a global:

control.basic
{
device=My Global
type=global
current=New value of global
}

We could also use sensor.basic to query globals.
That way you could use the command-line sender to set globals without
having to
do any scripting in xPLHal.
Maybe also allow determinators to be fired directly using control.basic
messages?

Thoughts?

Regards,

John