Re: xplhal disconnecting?

  • Subject: Re: xplhal disconnecting?
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 08:41:00 +0000

> i've been having intermittent problems w/ xplhal. it just seems to
> stop working. the service is still running as is the manager, but the
> manager no longer shows any devices (after they all time out from not
> seeing any heartbeats). the log shows no activity when it stops. i
> have to restart the service & then the manager. has anybody
seen this?

I've seen this a couple of times myself - it seems the hub stops working,
so all
the devices disappear.

Not sure why this happens - I've only seen it maybe once or twice in the
past
year, so it's not easy to replicate for me.

It's as if something in the hub thread is causing the thread to abort - but
anything that throws an exception should be logged to the Windows event
log.

Regards,

John