xplrionet v1.7

  • Subject: xplrionet v1.7
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:22:00 +0000

Hi all,

Have published beta v1.7 to website

This fixes a corruption to the dhcp.xml file and add's a reboot option to
the menu

With regards to dhcp issues i found the following:

My rio's will not take an ip offer from my software dhcp server (turbo
dhcp)
unless option 60 is set (suspect this might be an issue with turbo dhcp
rather than all software servers)
My rio's will take an ip offer from the xplrionet dhcp server
My rio's will take an offer from my router (vigor 2600)

So basically, try to boot without the xplrionet dhcp server and if rio's
don't boot turn on the xplrionet dhcp server

Eventually the xplrionet dhcp server will be expanded into a full blown
dhcp
server, but this is some way off due to more pressing items

Since the acceptance of an ip is hardware based, and i have no control over
it, you will need to find a combination that works for your network

But anyone having problems getting a booting system can send me ethereal
logs and i'll happily look at them

Regards
Tony