RE: xplrionet not happy w/ my router dhcp

  • Subject: RE: xplrionet not happy w/ my router dhcp
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:14:00 +0000

> it doesn't seem to like when my rio is assigned an ip address
> by my router. i need to save an ethereal trace for this.
> the client software never loads up. it works fine w/ its
> built in dhcp.

Have done some testing by removing the option 60 (class identifier) from my
dhcp server for the rio's

They won't boot

Looking at an ethereal log the dhcp server is making the offer, but unless
option 60 = empeg:mercury the rio ignores it

This is in the hardware, so not an effect of xplrionet

In this case it will probably be a case of allowing the xplrionet dhcp
server to run (it will only serve dhcp to rio's at the moment) in addition
to your existing dhcp server.

A quick survey, can anyone testing xplrionet please post details of what
they are using for their dhcp server?

Many thanks
Tony