RE: Re: Error Message with Weather Script

  • Subject: RE: Re: Error Message with Weather Script
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:07:00 +0000

The bridge is a 'scriptable' bridge meaning in actuality that it just
provides the ability to send or receive data on either protocol but doesn't
pass any traffic unless instructed to do so by a script. xAP and xPL are
not
generically bridgeable for all traffic due to differences in the protocols
so you have to have a little VB script in xPLHAL that watches for the
particular data that you are interested in on one side (xAP weather) ,
grabs
it and reformats it into a xPL weather message (or vv).

I am away from home currently but back at the beginning of next week - I
will put together a script for you then Neil if you haven't sussed it
already. I need to look if there is a suitable xPL weather schema too.

BTW A new version (1.4) of xAP Weather was released this evening - I hope
you got this one. If not its worth an update. Uninstall v1.3 before
reinstalling v1.4 though.

There is an example of a bridge script here in the xPL list archive (the
script is in the files area) - this is going from xPL to xAP and you need
the other way around but it may be helpful

Kevin

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=6JYGyKY23frIDJjwZdcwuXvOA0E_RvfEiYcfo2By-d1dYxoOTq3-F1UOpU8uMIkxCUE-0THjUumQ-R1MG82HMdt5SzEQn0iT">Neil.Frost@s...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=lx5gDXAnAZlhniyt-g4GTChgYIvj4Fyn3iqp1M_OdqS57gkazVKd0KltQj3S3wdOv-8TrrDfRwDc-ptVSRiyIWw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>