RE: Re: Error Message with Weather Script

  • Subject: RE: Re: Error Message with Weather Script
  • From: Frost Neil
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:12:00 +0000

Nice..

I'll try that tonight...

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=4qtLm4XTnExIPjKRjxW45nhPskeRTfx5HMgb0gmAsDU-ebn_jRKUMcNe497ys47kCOw6BvfactrHYG1J4LNKbg">lists@u...</a>]
Sent: 24 March 2004 10:58
To: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=-n6Okapm4S_v6qwAEJ2Vuvs3kEAgtyofpXtP20ZtoUomk1wUyfdIYYeZdN9MI53ghmdXAvI_oaWiJjyU7Du2">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] Re: Error Message with Weather Script

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=8AqhAuikZKagvVWX8EwlxibUtuTyFw7_HgxG-SG-OCN1Rqt64fxC05ToN4ZFWweuq826WAc7iSG5zR0U6z2iubBHM48O">Neil.Frost@s...</a>]
> Sent: 23 March 2004 20:27
> To: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=-n6Okapm4S_v6qwAEJ2Vuvs3kEAgtyofpXtP20ZtoUomk1wUyfdIYYeZdN9MI53ghmdXAvI_oaWiJjyU7Du2">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [ukha_xpl] Re: Error Message with Weather Script
>
> Ahh.. Now that's not fair is it....
>
> Is there any other way to get the weather??

Well...(as ever) I'm going to say you could write a small script in xPLHAL
and offer the xAP Weather application at www.mi4.biz ... It's always worth
checking both 'x' technologies as the scriptable bridge coded into xPLHAL
allows you to take any data from xAP and use it in xPL . I do the same the
other way around with say DigiGuide and HomeVision ... xAP Weather can use
the BBC source and also the NASA/ICAO local weather station data (for your
own specific UK location) .

More use should be made of this bridge feature within xPLHAL as it avoids
us
all duplicating effort creating a xAP and xPL variant of the same
application allowing more time for making 'x' accessible to more people.