Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: rleong1
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:54:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=t77tzQ6PQTUrqyA58AAxvb6kXlAhHkCliH4VFXvfuTMboLoT0BjnJqH0nvvF3qswaizVrLH7w4whxxqgH4Tv2VqkiQ">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > still no luck getting the server up with beta 3. .NET is
> > installed &amp; works fine. i have an xpl hub running with
xpl
> > tts on that machine.
> > i tried it on another machine that has xplhal running. no
> > luck there either. i dl'd IE6 &amp; that didn't help either.
> >

> The main web server starts almost immediately, which suggests
something is
> causing it to hang at startup.
>
> The start sequence is
>
> A) load settings from xplrionet.xml

it appears to do this. if i open <a href="http://xyz";>http://xyz</a> without the service
started, it returns with an error. after i start the service, it just
says loading web page.

> B) start xpl hub (if configured to start)

i have this disabled since i have a hub running already. the hub see
xplrionet.

> C) load settings from scanner.xml

can't scan so i don't know if it got here.

?

> E) start web server

there are some syn and/or ack frames coming from the web server so
something is alive. if i start it with a web server port that is
already in use, it complains about that so if i start it with an
unused port it starts fine. so i think the web server is up.

> F) start known clients

currently no known clients

> G) start dhcp

this is off

> H) load all the rio support systems (ssdp, mount, nfs, portmap)
>
> Assuming the software isn't 100%'ing the cpu (and so preventing web
server
> responding) the hang must be assumed (but not necessarily) to be
before step
> e (or step e itself)

cpu is not pegged

> Can you check that all copies of xpllib.dll on the system are the same
> please?

only the one from rionet

> Can you also e-mail me the xml files offlist please?

ok

> There's a slim chance that a corrupt rio.bin could hang the software.

what does this mean? how can i check for this?

> If necessary we'll make a special build which logs the start up into
a text
> file for debugging.

i think a beta build should include logging in case other problems
come up :)

> Regards
> Tony

thanks for the help.