Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: Rob West
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:58:00 +0000

(see below)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Tofts" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=i0zkrBFEzmn3WyhSkcafF2qaWxsCgWRWXUEYZAmav0tdjJJqkzUHEKchzX43sc5AXU76d4c">tony@x...</a>>
To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=G3OvhHNaPgQd6U1QqjxRJh98APHYT0yO8SHnzw4E2r4nFmHWrtRADoozaI3-aQP-zXF5gWNkxy99sli_2Uo">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 8:37 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] xPLRioNet Beta Released

> > 1. I had to alter the database text field sizes up to 255
> > characters for artist, album and track names, after the
> > scanner kept stopping after a few seconds. I couldn't find a
> > scanner log - it was only by chance that I checked the field
sizes.

> What sort of tracks have you got, to need such large fields?

I have a lot of classical tracks, so the title might be something like
"Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. X in X Major, Op. XX, No. XX -
IV.
Finale - Andante Moderato - Allegro con brio" with an album and/or
artist
field including orchestra, conductor and soloists, etc.

I guess most people don't have to worry about this kind of thing :-)

Rob.