RE: Heartbeat Interval Format

  • Subject: RE: Heartbeat Interval Format
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:58:00 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Tofts [mailto:<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=BC1pDBlo04ElGEHuAzRgEJD_mYgAGYqlSVch50DRLDB34FAJv49OagVxouRJKG0r8qR39H59C13U">tony@x...</a>]
> But then if it says minimum is 5 why is your's 4 ;-)

Oops ;)

>It would mean mods for various things, as setting a 30 maxmimum is
>currently encoded in various places

Aargh - I wasn't looking to introduce a lot of work.. (quite the
opposite!)

Here's an idea - how about there are no changes to the OCX or DLL, so
the code doesn't act to prevent "interval=xx" but the xPLHal
Manager and
Config manager don't allow the user to enter a value greater than 9?

Especially if this could this be done just by editing an xml file, in
the same way that the vendor files can specify a number range?

As the spec currently says minimum 5, max 30, I would propose that we
simply lower the maximum value to 9 with a minimum (and default) of 5.

I think as our real world experience of xpl messages has grown, this
number is looking more like a slight tweak for network load reasons,
rather than something to change just for kicks.

Ian.