RE: Heartbeat Interval Format

  • Subject: RE: Heartbeat Interval Format
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:47:00 +0000

> The xpl specs state that heartbeat can be anything from 5 to
> 30 minutes doesnt say anything about a default....The only
> default is the config.heatbeat ( 1 minute)....

True, 5 minutes is just what we used in xpl.ocx and xpllib.dll (john can
correct me if I'm wrong here).

But then if it says minimum is 5 why is your's 4 ;-)

> > In my opinion, a better solution is to set the maximum interval
for
> > the device at 9 minutes.
>
> Would certainly make it easier for me.....How do the other
> guys feel about this ???

It would mean mods for various things, as setting a 30 maxmimum is
currently
encoded in various places

I'll leave it open for discussion

Regards