Re: 1 Wire Temperature

  • Subject: Re: 1 Wire Temperature
  • From: frostie2001uk
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:04:00 +0000

So is it actually posible to get the temperature readings into xQL?

Neil

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=BfVvCZKtl9I65vsRga0C0VTTQIUWkrTCCrtiQ_WDoaOqE2sM9e9REY3CBqOHQINN48D3bnE12-AL8Ug8lQozKw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > 1. First you need to set xplhal so it can match a message and
carry on to
> > process further messages.
> > 2. Right click the server name in the xpl manager app and select
edit the
> > xml. In this you need to set the option for carry on after
successfully
> > match (John - what's the option called). Then select OK to save.
You may
> > need to restart xplhal for this to take effect (John ??)
>
> You don't need to edit the XML manually.
>
> Just right-click on your server name, hit Properties, then on the
General tab, make sure the "Continue processing after first
match"
option is ticked.
> Click OK.
> Not sure if you need to restart xPLHal - you shouldn't have to.
>
> > 3. Right click the server name in the xpl manager app and select
> > properties.
> > 4. On the rules tab select new rule and in the dialog box type CF
in the
> > subs box then ok.
> > 5. Move this rule to the top and ensure it is set to continue on
match
> > (should be a green arrow icon next to it rather than a red cross)
> > 6. That's it.
> >
> > xPLhal will now match on rountines that have the form [Schema
type]
> > _[Message_Type]
> >
> > There is an alternative way though that I think is simplier to
implement as
> > the above was done before determinators.
> >
> > 1. Create a determinator that triggers when you receive a
sensor.basic
> > xpl-stat meesage where Type =TEMP.
> > 2. Create an Action with the following in it
> >
> > type = xpl-cmnd
> > to=tonyt-xql.master
> > schema=DB.XQL
> >
> > parameter pairs
> > SQL=select * from temperature
> > dateadded=NOW() -- Not sure if NOW() will work John can you
advise

> No problem with () - the only special case is for curly brackets {}.
>
> > name={DEVICE}
> > temperature={CURRENT}
> >
> > John? What is the current syntax for pulling out the values of
the trigger
> > message is it {DEVICE}?
>
> Basically anything contained within {} will be checked by the
determinator engine, as follows:
> SYS::TIMESTAMP will be replaced by the current date/time, in the
form yyyymmddhhmmss. This is useful for generating a unique number or
timestamp.
> SYS::DATE will be replaced by dd/mm/yyyy (current date)
> SYS::TIME will be replaced by hh:mm:ss (current time in 24-hour
clock)
> Any global name will be replaced by it's actual value, e.g.
> {WINDSPEED} will be replaced by the value of the WINDSPEED variable.
>
> I don't think you can pull values out of the source message at the
moment.
> This was certainly on the list... but I'm not sure if it ever got
actioned.

> The idea was that something like:
> {XPL::DEVICE} would be replaced by the "device" parameter
from the
incoming message.
> But there are issues where more than one "device" parameter
exists
in the message.

> As I think the ability to de-reference source parameters is pretty
essential for this sort of thing, I'll move this to the top of my
ToDo list.