Re: xPLRioNet To Do List

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet To Do List
  • From: Mike <n5pwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:33:00 -0500

Tony Tofts wrote:
>>Could we get display of titles from Shoutcast streams? If the
>>station is streaming the info could it be displayed on the Rio
screen?

> I couldn't find an example of one. If you can let me have a url that
> definitely streams the info I can look at picking it up.

Tony

Here's one that streams the song title and the stream name. In fact most
of them do. But here is one that I have a personal interest in.

http://64.71.188.26:6728

I listen to it on Winamp and it displays the info. That's what I would
like to see on the Rio display. Admittedly the Rio display is not big
enough to read across the room but at least when I want to see the name
of a song I can run over to the Rio in the living room instead of going
back to the PC and starting up Winamp to see it. It would be nice to see
it in the Rio control page for times when I'm sitting at the PC to see
the name. Maybe even scroll it in the banner of the control page so it
would show in the task bar when the page is minimized. Nah! Now we're
getting silly.....;oD

By the way, I'm finding situations where the stream doesn't start up and
the Rio just sits there with no status info. That's the problem with a
lot of these Shoutcast streams. They're here one weekend and gone the
next and apparently when no one is at that address it throws Rio.net for
a loop. I've even had to cycle the Rio.net service to get control back.

But I'm lovin' the Shoutcast stream capability. Got some streams that
are rm so I will have to set up a Shoutcast of my own from Winamp to
convert the Real stream to Shoutcast and listen on Rio. Did I see
correctly that you plan to add ma capability? I figure Real wants an arm
and a leg to add rm streaming capability.

Thanks Tony.