Re: xPLRioNet Beta 3.2s Released

Mike wrote:

> Tony Tofts wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Have published the latest version to www.xplhal.com
>>

> Tony
>
> Thanks for the latest post. I have downloaded the whole package
because
> I was still on a much earlier version (something like 0.29). Anyway,
> apparently a lot has changed. I have moved on to FireFox for my
browser
> and it appears that when I try to access the server's web page it
tells
> me that the connection is refused. If I go back to IE it connects
fine.
> It even appears to scan, albeit a fast one. When I go to the unit and
> then try to list the songs that were discovered in the scan there is
> nothing there. I guess that's what I get for not upgrading along the
> way.
OK, I found my own goof up on why FireFox wouldn't bring up the web
interface for the server. It helps if you put the port in the url you're
trying to access (My REAL bad). OK so now I get to the server page. When
I go to click on the scan link under IE it scans (although I still don't
get songs listed). Under IE this is what is in the Address window:
http://192.168.0.3:8080/index.htm?device=server&cmd=list&this=2004071012512625.
But under FireFox I noticed that I get:
http://192.168.0.3:8080/%5Cindex.htm?device=server&cmd=list&this=2004071012512625.
This, of course, gets me a 404 Not Found window. Notice the 5%c just
before the index.htm call. Is there something that rio.net is doing that
is not standard that FireFox hacks up the hairball on or is FireFox
doing something non standard? Anyone else use FireFox with Rio.Net? It's
strange how one browser can 'appear' to just create code that just isn't
there. %5C what is that. An asterisk? %20 is a space. Anyway, I'm still
digging around trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks.
Mike