Re: xPLRio.net Current Situation

  • Subject: Re: xPLRio.net Current Situation
  • From: "happy_hammer66" <bill.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:37:28 -0000

> >             Thanks for that ...Whats the advantage of
> > listening to the radio via the internet ??
>
> Well one advantage is you don't need a radio...

you use your rio as a radio instead.

You can listen to radio stations that you would not normally receive.

Providing a streaming/radio feature also opens up the possible use of
alternative servers such as Streamsicle and Slimserver.

I dont have internet access myself but i run a shoutcast server at
home to stream a local FM radio station to the Rio's for 'er indoors'
who only likes to listen to the radio.

cheers ,

bill