xPLHal Config problem

  • Subject: xPLHal Config problem
  • From: Peter Chick
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:51:00 +0000

Hello folks,

I've hit a bit of a brick wall with my PCOSD app. I'm trying to save and
retrieve values from xPLHal to my PCOSD to control the size of the
display.

So far I've got my app to send config items to xPLHal on form_load()
this works fine.

'Setup the Configs

Call xPL.ConfigsAdd("DISPLAYROWS", "RECONF", 1)

Call xPL.ConfigsAdd("DISPLAYCOLUMNS", "RECONF", 1)

What I need is for the values of these parameters that have been stored
in xPLHal to be sent to my app BEFORE xpl_configured event fires. Or
have I got the wrong end of the stick?

For example, when I first run my App nothing will display until I enter
DISPLAYROWS and DISPLAYCOLUMNS into the device configuration in xPLHal.
Once I do that the xpl_configs event fires in my app I receive the
values, then xpl_configured event fires (where I setup the OSD), viola!
A 4*16 char display appears.

I close my app down, and open it again. xPL_Config receives a FILTER
value only, then xPL_Configured fires I get a 0*0 char screen!

I added the two lines below in my petec.xml plugin file thinking this
would solve it.

<configItem name="DISPLAYROWS" description="Number of
Rows on OSD
Display" />

<configItem name="DISPLAYCOLUMNS" description="Number of
Columns on
OSD Display" />

What am I doing wrong?

Peter Chick