Re: xPLHal Version 1.4 Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLHal Version 1.4 Released
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:00 +0000

Hi Frank,

> That did the trick......thanks..........Thought i got it right
> this time as i stopped the service etc..but what i didnt do was after
> extracting the files i didnt copy the new xplhal across...i assumed
the
> extracted files automatically went to the proper places....anyway at
least i
> didnt bugger it up completelty this time.....

Glad it's all working.

> Any idea how to install Peters osd stuff and can it display message on
> another pc ??

OK, just download Peter's OSD program and extract it somewhere.

I'd try this on the PC running xPLHal first, then you can try it on another
PC
once you know it's working.
Run the program pcosd.exe.
Fire up xPLHal Manager, and look under the devices awaiting configuration.
You
should see Peter's OSD device.
Double-click on it, give it a name, then click OK.
It should then move to the list of "xPL Devices", and should
start responding to
osd.basic messages.

Running it on another PC is as straight forward as copying over the files,
running pcosd.exe, and configuring it in xPLHal Manager.
Remember to have an xPL Hub running on your other PC - either my service
version
or Tony's VB6 version will do the job.

HTH,

John