Re: Re: sys.execute error

  • Subject: Re: Re: sys.execute error
  • From: John B
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 07:30:00 +0000

> I now have the slim remote turning on and off my bedroom lights, and
> have dim and bright working too. This is excellent stuff you've put
> together, well done really.

Cool - glad it's all working.

> I would like to be able to use the up and down buttons on the remote
> for bright and dim, but although the commands are refered to as
"up"
> and "down" in the slim html docs they don;t seem to work for
me in
> the script, but if I map numberscroll_3 and numberscroll_4 the
> commands execute just fine. Any ideas?

When the player is powered off, many of the buttons are "dead",
which means the
xPL message that is sent out will just contain the word "dead" as
the key name,
rather than up, down, etc.

If you look in the directory where you have installed SlimServer, you
should see
a subdirectory called IR.
Within IR, there should be a file called default.map.
Open this file in a text editor like Notepad.

Look for a section that looks like:
# When the player is powered off, most buttons are dead
add.* = dead
arrow_down.* = dead

You can change the arrow_down.* to a made up button name, e.g.

arrow_down.* = x10_dim

- make sure you pick something that won't conflict with a real button name
that
SlimServer uses - x10_dim or x10_bright (or indeed anything beginning with
x10_)
should be OK.

Do the same for the Up, Left, Right and any other keys you want to send out
button presses when the player is powered off.

Restart SlimServer so it reads in the new map, and you should be up and
running.

Just look out for whatever button name you've set up in your script - e.g.
using
my example of x10_dim:

if lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) = "x10_dim"
Then
call sys.execute("hsc.exe","-x G1 dim 10",False)
End If

HTH,

John